The Kiekhaefer Mercury company began in 1939 when engineer Carl Kiekhaefer purchased a small outboard motor company in Cedarburg, Wisconsin. The purchase included 300 defective outboard motors. Kiekhaefer and a small staff of employees rebuilt the motors and sold them to Montgomery Ward, a mail-order company. Kiekhaefer designed motors that withstood the elements better than his competition and called the motor Mercury.
Marine Parts Warehouse offers used, remanufactured, & new parts for Mercury, Mariner, & Force outboards.